A Japanese term which literally means “place of the way”
- The Club Instructor is Tim Shaw Sensei, 7th Dan.
- Run under the authority of F. Sugasawa Sensei, 7th Dan Renshi.
- Shikukai Chelmsford is part of the Shikukai Karate-Do International.
- The club was founded in 1993 by Tim Shaw.
- A well-established Dojos in central Chelmsford.
- Chelmsford Dojo – All adult training is conducted at a central Chelmsford venue under Tim Shaw Sensei
- Woodham Walter Dojo – A small club for Juniors held on a Tuesday afternoon by Sue Dodd Sensei
1938 Foundation of Wado Ryu Karate-Do by Ohtsuka Hironori.
1952 A Wado Ryu Honbu Dojo established at Meiji University Tokyo.
1965 Suzuki Tatsuo settles in the UK and forms the UKKF (later UKKW).
1978 Sugasawa Sensei arrives in the UK.
1980 Political and legal split between Ohtsuka Sensei and Wado Kai officials.
1981 Ohtsuka Sensei founds the Wado Ryu Karate-Do Renmei.
1982 Ohtsuka Hironori passes away. His son head of Wado Ryu and takes his father’s name to become Hironori Ohtsuka II.
1989 Shikukai founded by Sugasawa Sensei. Operating under the umbrella of the Wado Academy and allied to the Wado Ryu Renmei.
1993 Chelmsford Club Founded.
2006 Shikukai Karate-Do International becomes an independent organisation.
Please feel free to contact us with any comments, views or opinions.